- To support the cause and interest of pain patients and to represent the interests of the pain disease community as a partner of European policy makers.
- To improve prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of pain patients, and to reduce the burden of pain disease on the individual and the society.
- To bring together scientific societies, scientists, clinicians, patients associations, politicians, health professionals of various disciplines and stakeholders with an interest in pain research and management, and promote an environment for crossed multi‐disciplinary patient-centered pain management.
- To exchange information and to share best practices across all member states of the European Union.
- To develop and foster European‐wide policy strategies & activities for an improved pain care in Europe (Pain Policy).
- To stimulate the societal discussion on pain-related conditions between health care professionals, pain advocacy groups, politicians, payers including insurances, representatives of health authorities, regulators and budget holders.
- To promote research in the field of pain.
- To foster and improve excellence in education of health professionals, with traditional and online educational courses and workshops, giving the participants the opportunity to meet and exchange experiences and ideas.
- To foster the publication of updated guidelines, best practices, books and journals.
The tagline of this organization will be: close ranks against pain!
As EULAP® is a non‐profit organization, any surplus revenues will be used to achieve the goals mentioned above.